- Enjoy this superb views of Cape Town from the top of Table Mountain
- Enjoy panoramic sights over the city from the top of Table Mountain
- Visit Cape Town’s Malay Quarter and learn about the neighborhood’s fascinating history
- Check out the Castle of Good Hope and Milnerton Lighthouse
- Tour the Cape Town Diamond Works and see South African jewelry at its finest
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Views from the top of Table Mountain are equally spectacular and you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy them independently. Take a walk around and see the city laid out below you. Look over to the Atlantic coastline and, if the weather is clear enough, catch a glimpse of tiny Robben Island in the distance.
After descending the mountain by cable car, meet your guide for a comprehensive tour of Cape Town. Traveling by air-conditioned minibus, you’ll pass top Cape Town attractions in the city center, as well as lesser-known sites in the city’s Malay Quarter (Bo-Kaap) on Signal Hill. Admire the neighborhood’s brightly colored houses and learn about its fascinating history, including tales of Cape Malay slaves during the 16th and 17th centuries.
Time permitting, visit the Castle of Good Hope – one of South Africa’s oldest buildings—and see its incredible dungeons with your guide. Travel to Milnerton Lighthouse to see the beacon that guides ships in-to Table Bay, and then end your tour with a visit to Cape Town’s famous Diamond Works. Learn all about South African jewelry – the country’s most famous export – on a tour of the factory before returning to your Cape Town hotel.
Please note: the cable car will be closed for maintenance July 28 through August 10, 2014. During this time the tour will include a drive up Signal Hill instead to admire the views over Cape Town.