- VIP tour to the Cape Winelands by helicopter
- Leave Cape Town by helicopter and fly past Table Mountain
- Sample fine Cape wines on the veranda at De Grendel Estate
- Fly to Waterkloof Estate on Schapenberg Mountain and enjoy a wine-tasting session in its elegant lounge
- Relax over a 6-course tasting meal with wine at the Restaurant at Waterkloof
- This Viator Exclusive ensures VIP treatment from your pilot as you soar through the skies
Touch down on Tygerberg Hill, just outside of the city, for a wine-tasting session at Cape Town’s De Grendel Estate. Sample a selection of the winery’s best reds, whites and rosé wines on the estate’s veranda, set against the dazzling backdrop of Table Mountain – one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
Return to the skies and soar inland above the Cape Flats toward Heldenberg in the heart of the Cape Winelands. Take in the rolling hills while cruising through the air, and then land on the slopes of Schapenberg Mountain at Waterkloof Estate. This award-winning winery combines sustainable production methods with sleek architecture, and you’ll revel in its ambiance during a wine-tasting session in its atmospheric lounge.
Then it’s time for your tour’s grand finale! Sit down for a 6-course tasting lunch in Waterkloof’s ‘restaurant in the sky’ – a gorgeously appointed glass conservatory that’s set 33 feet (10 meters) off the ground. In tribute to its surrounding landscape, the room exudes stylish simplicity, flaunting floor-to-ceiling windows for views that match the brilliance of the food. Be blown away by each course as you dine off a classical menu with a French twist. All dishes are paired with exquisite wines from the estate.
After your meal, board your helicopter for the short flight to Cape Town. Following False Bay's coastline, look out for natural landmarks like Constantia Neck, and see if you can tell Hout Bay from its glamorous Clifton neighbor. Soar past the Twelve Apostles mountain range, and then touch down back at the V&A Waterfront where your tour finishes.
- Camembert crème brûlée with curried walnuts and celery
- White wine: Circle of Life
- ‘Smiling Valley Marron’ (deconstructed shrimp cocktail)
- Rosé wine: Circumstance Cape Coral Rose 2011
- Seared monkfish with pistachio crumble and saffron
- White wine: Circumstance Viognier 2010
- Karan beef fillet with smoked potato and asparagus
- Red wine: Circle of Life Red 2009
- Foxenberg chabris (local goat’s cheese) with Sichuan pepper macaroons and crystallized ginger
- White wine: Circumstance Chardonnay 2010
- Mango and coriander vacherin (sweet dessert made with meringue and ice cream)
- Jasmine tea