Numbers are limited to 8 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- 2.5-hour Cappadocia craft tour with an expert local guide
- Visit Avanos, a village that is known for being the craft center of Cappadocia
- Watch a pottery demonstration inside an Avanos cave workshop
- Have a go at making your own clay jug to take home as a souvenir
- Browse the workshop’s gallery and enjoy a 30 percent discount on all items
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you like working with your hands, and don't mind a bit of a mess making your own pottery, this is a tour you will really enjoy!
What You Can Expect
Visit a cave workshop to see a pottery demonstration by one of the village’s master craftsmen, and then try your hand at the craft yourself. Under the expert eye of your guide, have a go at spinning the pottery wheel to mold a jug from the local clay; it’s the perfect souvenir to take home! While watching the demonstration and waiting for your turn at the wheel, relax with a hot drink or glass of wine.
Enjoy some free time after your craft session to explore the workshop, take photos and watch the potters complete their pieces of work. A gallery is attached to the workshop, so head inside to browse the pottery on display, admiring the intricate design and bold colors that embody Avanos' handicrafts. A 30 percent discount is available if you want to buy any pieces that take your fancy.
At the pre-arranged time head back to your minibus and leave Avanos, finishing your tour at your hotel.