Numbers are limited to 8 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- 2.5-hour Cappadocia craft tour with an expert local guide
- Visit Avanos, a village that is known for being the craft center of Cappadocia
- Watch a pottery demonstration inside an Avanos cave workshop
- Have a go at making your own clay jug to take home as a souvenir
- Browse the workshop’s gallery and enjoy a 30 percent discount on all items
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you like working with your hands, and don't mind a bit of a mess making your own pottery, this is a tour you will really enjoy!
What You Can Expect
Visit a cave workshop to see a pottery demonstration by one of the village’s master craftsmen, and then try your hand at the craft yourself. Under the expert eye of your guide, have a go at spinning the pottery wheel to mold a jug of your own from the local clay. While the finished product won't be fully dried, fired, glazed or painted, the jug is a great keepsake to take home! Your guide will ensure that your jug is safely packed for you after it has been half dried. While watching the demonstration and waiting for your turn at the wheel, relax with a hot drink or glass of wine.
Enjoy some free time after your craft session to explore the workshop, take photos and watch the potters complete their pieces of work. A gallery is attached to the workshop, so head inside to browse the pottery on display, admiring the intricate design and bold colors that embody Avanos' handicrafts. A 30 percent discount is available if you want to buy any pieces that take your fancy.
At the pre-arranged time head back to your minibus and leave Avanos, finishing your tour at your hotel.