- Cartagena historical tour with an expert local guide
- Visit the Castle of San Felipe, one of Cartagena's many UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Stop at the Inquisition Museum for a look into 17th-century Cartagena (time permitting)
- Learn about Colombia's African-American past at the San Pedro Claver Church
- All entrance fees and round-trip hotel transportation included
What You Can Expect
Your tour includes a guided visit to three of Cartagena's most notable historical landmarks. First, visit the Castle of San Felipe, a site where many battles between the Spanish, English and French took place. Today, its impressive structure is considered just one of Cartagena's many UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Travel on to the San Pedro Claver Church, one of Catagena's most-visited landmarks. Home to a priest who aided the hungry and sick slaves arriving in the port of Cartagena, this monastery holds a special sentimental value to Colombia's African-American descendants. Learn about the estimated 300,000 slaves who were saved by San Pedro Claver.
Your third stop is a visit to the Inquisition Museum (time permitting), where you'll become more familiar with Cartagena's bloody past. Learn about the inquisition that took place in Cartagena in the 17th century and listen as your expert guide explains all about its trials and victims.
You'll also tour Cartagena's Gold Musuem (Museo de Oro), which boasts a large gold collection from around the country.
Very good and confortable. Excellent guide Mr. Martim
Pretty nice tour covering all the main points that I wanted to see. Kinda was shortened to about 4.5 hours from 6, but it was fine with us
Very nice !!!
ggood tour, good tourguide, but he deserved a bigger audience!
Very good tour.