- Guided Cartagena sightseeing shore excursion
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Cartagena with your expert guide
- Visit Cartagena's historic center for close-up views of the clock tower (Torre del Reloj) and the Cathedral of Cartagena
- Explore Plaza de Bolívar, home to the Gold Museum, Inquisition Palace and the Theater of Heredia
- Take a guided tour of Castillo San Felipe
- Covered by our worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Enjoy a guided sightseeing tour and learn about Cartagena's famous history. Your guide will inform you of everything from the economic activity in 4000 BC to the present-day living standards. Learn about the traditions and culture of one of Colombia's most fascinating cities.
Your guided tour takes you through the historic center of Cartagena. See the famous clock tower (Torre del Reloj) and visit Plaza de la Aduana, a site where hundreds of years ago, slaves were traded in an open market. Then, head over to the Cathedral of Cartagena before ending up at Plaza de Bolivar, home to the Gold Museum and the Theater of Heredia.
Then, visit Castillo San Felipe (San Felipe Castle). Perched on the Hill of San Lázaro, this fortress was built by Spaniards in the 17th century. Admire spectacular views of Cartagena and the Caribbean Sea from atop the hill and learn about the castle's history as you take a guided tour through the fortress.
Afterwards, travel over to Las Bovédas, a district known for its craft stores and art galleries. Spend some time browsing the local shops before heading back to your cruise ship port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Cartagena port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.