- Learn about Cartagena's culture and history on a guided shore excursion
- Visit Castillo San Felipe, one of Cartagena's many UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Stop at the Inquisition Museum for a look into 17th-century Cartagena (time permitting)
- Learn about Colombia's African-American past at the San Pedro Claver Church
- All entrance fees and port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
On your guided tour, learn about the city’s fascinating culture and history from your expert guide. Discover the city’s world-renowned colonial architecture. Your tour includes a guided visit of three of Cartagena's most notable historical landmarks. First, visit the Castillo San Felipe (Castle of San Felipe), a site where several battles between the Spanish, English and French took place. Today, the castle’s impressive structure is considered just one of Cartagena's many UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Travel on to the San Pedro Claver Church, one of Cartagena's most-visited landmarks and also another UNESCO World Heritage site. Home to a priest who aided sick slaves arriving in the port of Cartagena, this monastery holds a distinct sentimental value among Colombia's African-American descendants. Learn about the estimated 300,000 slaves who were saved by the heroic San Pedro Claver.
Continue to the Inquisition Museum (time permitting) for a guided tour. Learn about Cartagena's bloody past and listen as your expert guide explains the trials and tribulations of the inquisition that took place in Cartagena in the 17th-century.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Cartagena port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
This tour was fantastic we had the most wonderful day, saw everything there was to see our guide and driver were so good it was the best tour that we did . Very highly recommended
Excellent tour. On time at location. Good knowledge. Air-conditioned transport. Highly recommended.