Get up close and personal with China’s beloved national animal on this 5-day unforgettable experience at the Bifengxia Panda Base in Ya'an. Enjoy the rare opportunity to work with professional park rangers in taking care of pandas, such as feeding the animals and cleaning their enclosures. You'll be provided with all the necessary training and instruction, and you’ll stay in a comfortable guesthouse at the base, with three meals per day included. You'll also learn about the history and culture of this region on a Chengdu sightseeing tour. This once-in-a-lifetime experience is sure to be the highlight of your trip to China!
- 5-day Chengdu and Bifengxia Panda Base experience
- Take a guided tour of Chengdu's main sites including the Thatched Cottage of Du Fu, Wuhou Temple and Jinli Old Street
- Receive professional training on how to care for adorable pandas at the Bifengxia Panda Base in Ya'an
- Enjoy the rare opportunity to feed pandas and help clean their enclosures
- Take home a certificate of recognition to commemmorate your volunteer work at the panda center
- Explore the base to see other animals during your free time
- Round-trip transport, comfortable overnight accommodation and all meals included
What You Can Expect
This experience will leave you with unforgettable memories and a unique perspective on giant pandas, China's national animal. Additionally, you'll spend a day discovering the important historical and cultural facets of Chengdu's must-see attractions such as the Du Fu Thatched Cottage, Wuhou Temple and Jinli Old Street.
Participate in typical tasks throughout the day such as feeding the pandas; you'll be amazed by how much food these endangered creatures consume – a whopping 45 lbs (20 kg) per day! You'll also help contribute to the safety and well-being of the animals by cleaning the panda enclosures. When the pandas are resting, you will have 3 hours of free time for lunch and to explore the center on your own.