- Full-day private Chengdu city sightseeing tour
- Observe giant pandas, including babies, at the Chengdu Panda Breeding Center
- Visit Zhaojue Temple, dating back to the 7th century
- Stop by Match Corner at People’s Park and stroll around Kuan-Zhai Lane
- Enjoy tea, lunch and dinner at local venues
- Receive personalized attention from your knowledgeable private guide
- Round-trip hotel transport by private vehicle included
What You Can Expect
Today it was my birthday and I'm off to see the pandas. I was met by the wonderful Jeli and we set off at 07:30. Arriving at the base Jeli led the way and I was not disappointed with great views of the big cuddly ones. We then saw the younger pandas then the red pandas. As we were walking back we visited the film theatre and could see the value of getting to the centre early as there were large groups entering .A wonderful morning. We left for lunch and the sightseeing tour. Such a lovely day with tea and snacks at the end , A lovely birthday in the company of Jeli who was fantastic
We booked this tour from Viator, it was easy, safe and value for money.
In China the company that ran the tour was amazing.
Our guide Green picked us up in a private car with friendly driver. Our guide was polite, courteous, friendly and very knowledgable about ChengDu.
Our tour included: Panda Research Centre where in March we saw 6 month old panda cubs, visit to the wide and narrow alleys, lovely vegetarian lunch and look around a rarely seen Buddhist Monastery, we then proceeded to the People's Park where the retired dance and socialise. We went and had tea at a traditional tea house, where we socialised and had our ears cleaned like the locals. We finished our day with traditional snacks from a restaurant in the park where the same recipes have been used for generations.
We loved ChengDu and felt this tour allowed us to see it from a locals viewpoint, our experience was enhanced due to the openness and kindness of our wonderful guide.
Thank you Viator, tour company, but especially to Green our guide you really made this trip amazing.