- Private guided tour of the World Heritage-listed Leshan Grand Buddha from Chengdu
- See the impressive Grand Buddha from several different vantage points
- Admire intricate architectural and structural designs of the Lingyun Temple and Wuyou Temple
- Enjoy a delicious Chinese lunch at a local restaurant
- Learn interesting facts from your friendly, English-speaking guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The Big BuddhaPhoto by: Angela B
- Leshan BuddhaPhoto by: Susannah v
- Dongpo TowerPhoto by: Debbie A
Malaysia, 10 2013
- Grand BuddhaPhoto by: Debbie A
Malaysia, 10 2013
- Carvings on the side of the ...Photo by: Angela B
- L1030635Photo by: Angela B
- View from the trailPhoto by: Angela B
What You Can Expect
Derek G United Kingdom
Great day out. Its still hard to grasp the scale after seeing it. Great food included too
We had time to do both to sail to the Buddha and to walk to it. The second is more interesting.
I was met by my guide the wonderful Jeli from samtour and our driver. We drove to leshan. I chose to take the boat to the Buddha. The boat only spends about 5 mins in front of the Buddha but that was enough for a great view and some nice pictures. Aftrewards we had a very tasty lunch in a leshan restaurant. All in all another pleasant day compliments of viator and samtour
We had an amazing time in Leshan. Our guide, Andy, taught us so much and made it a great day. Lunch in the village was fantastic too.
Our best guide of our Chinese trip. Very friendly and helpful. Awesome lunch too.
Our guide was willing to tailor the trip to our wishes. She was informed and very pleasant her English was excellent
Firstly our guide 'Coral' was excellent, very friendly, spoke good English and the driver was first class especially with the traffic and 'non existent rules of the road it would appear'. The journey to Lesham takes about 2 hours and Coral gave us an excellent commentary during this journey. Unfortunately the weather was dreadful, luckily had umbrella with us. On arrival the crowds were everywhere, good job did not arrive in height of season. Throughout the visit to the Buddha, Coral gave a good history and explanation and we had a laugh. The wait to walk down the Buddha and up again was around 2 hours so we declined due to the weather conditions but Coral made up for this with her commentary. The lunch was superb. One observation perhaps to improve this visit is to climb up and be given the commentary and visit the temples then proceed to the 'boat option' rather than waiting up to 2 hours to fully view the statue then followed by the lunch, that way everybody would see everything. The return journey to the hotel took again another 2 hours so a very full day.
Tour leader and driver very good. very interesting trip