- 4-hour private sightseeing tour of Chennai
- Learn about Chennai's history from your guide at the Fort St George, the oldest English fortress in India
- Browse art and antique exhibits at the Government Museum
- Discover Chennai’s religious heritage at 7th-century Kapaleeshwar Temple
- Marvel at the beautiful landscape as you drive along Marina Beach
- Round-trip transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle included
What You Can Expect
Inside, tour St Mary's Church, Wellesley House and the Fort Museum, where you’ll see relics from British rule in India including weapons, coins, medals and uniforms.
Then, head to the Indo-Saracenic-style Government Museum (also called the Madras Museum), which is the second-oldest museum in India and houses the largest collection of Roman antiquities outside of Europe!
With your guide, browse an impressive collection of paintings and sculptures, both traditional and modern, and explore diverse exhibits featuring archaeological findings, coins, sculptures, palm-leaf manuscripts and Amravati paintings, as well as rare works from famous Indian artists like Raja Ravi Varma.
Afterward, drive to Kapaleeshwar Temple, built in the 7th century and dedicated to the goddess Shiva. Learn about its Dravidian architecture, which is evident in its gopuram (ornate monumental tower).
Before returning to your hotel, drive along Marina Beach for fantastic views of Chennai’s beautiful landscape.