- Day trip from Chennai to the rural countryside
- Interact with local villagers on a farm tour with your English-speaking guide
- Hear about country life in Chennai and learn what plants are used in cuisine and medicine
- Enjoy an authentic, home-cooked Indian meal
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of this Tour
When you arrive, visit a small village and head to the village temple to enjoy the scenery and to listen to local myths. Visit a farmer’s house to enjoy traditional village hospitality. The local farmer will take you and your guide to his paddy fields and tell you about his farming techniques. As you walk through the farm, your guide will share interesting stories of rural life and farming as a way of life. Try your hand at some farming if you like!
Walk into the farmer's herbal kitchen garden where your guide will point out the leaves that the local villagers chew to cure coughs and the ones that make delicious chutney.
Enjoy refreshments such as bottled water, coconut water, fruit and snacks by the farm well. In the afternoon, enjoy a home-cooked vegetarian lunch and get introduced to the farmer's livestock.
Afterward, board the coach to return to Chennai.