- Small-group tour of Chennai’s churches and basilicas
- With your expert guide, discover the development of Western religious traditions in India
- Visit 16th-century classical European churches like San Thome Cathedral and Luz Church
- Learn about important community contributions of these churches and about how Christianity adapted to local traditions and practices
- Enjoy comfortable transport around the city by air-conditioned coach
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures an enlightening experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Head to the small hillock of St Thomas Mount, a quaint, beautiful church built in the 1500s by the Portuguese. Continue to Church of Our Lady of Light, more commonly known as Luz Church. Learn from your guide how this is one of the oldest Christian churches and European monuments in India.
Continue to San Thome Cathedral, a pilgrimage center for Christians designed in 16th-century European architectural style. Notice the Gothic arches and Baroque ornamentation of the gilded altars and ceilings decorated with fresco paintings.
After your enlightening and fascinating tour, head back to your original departure point.