- Small-group Mae Ping River tour from Chiang Mai
- Visit the magnificent Wat Chai Mongkol and view the spectacular collection of Buddhist relics
- Glide down the Mae Ping River on a roofed boat and admire the stunning natural scenery
- Enjoy a Thai lunch at a local farmer's house, and visit a garden to learn about plants and herbs
- Browse the Warorot Market and Ton Lam Yai Market for Thai souvenirs and goods
- English-speaking local guide
- Small-group tour, with a maximum of 12 participants, ensures a personalized and unique experience.
What You Can Expect
Then, board a roofed, long-tail boat and cruise down the Mae Ping River, the main river flowing through the city of Chiang Mai that is fondly known by locals as the “Lifeline of the Province.” The Mae Ping River provides the surrounding rural farmers with water to irrigate their rice paddies and agricultural crops. Drift along the water and enjoy the breathtaking scenery; admire the quaint teak houses and the verdant rural greenery.
Stop at a farmer’s house and enjoy a delectable Khao Soi lunch. This noodle dish is often made with chicken or beef, served over Chinese egg noodles and garnished with shallots, cilantro, pickled mustard greens, fried whole chilies and a squeeze of lime juice.
After lunch, walk through the fruit orchards of the Chiang Mai Plain and visit a garden to learn about local vegetables, herbs and the medicinal use of plants. Pass by rich, fertile rice paddies and plantations of coffee, tea and strawberries on the edge of the Mae Ping River.
Return to Chiang Mai by songthaew, a typical Thai passenger vehicle, and stop at Warorot Market, one of the largest markets in Chiang Mai. This three-story building sells everything you can imagine, from food to beautiful textiles to handicrafts. Try some more Thai food at the various food vendor stalls. Finish your full-day adventure at the Ton Lam Yai Flower Market, where you can view thousands of colorful, fresh-cut flowers and breathe in the fragrant aroma.
Your tour concludes at the flower market, and you are then free to explore on your own or let your guide assist you in getting back to your hotel if needed.