- Architecture cruise down the historic Chicago River
- Discover all three branches of the Chicago River with your guide, an expert in architecture
- Enjoy the best vantage point to admire the distinct city skyline and admire world-famous architecture
- See more than 40 buildings including the John Hancock Center, the Wrigley Building and the Aon Center
- Discover the major events that helped shape the architectural history of Chicago
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The fountain while doing boat ...Photo by: Divya G
- Chicago Apartment Building.Photo by: Graham W
- Chicago Architecture cruisePhoto by: Cindi K
- Architecture cruisePhoto by: Cindi K
- Our view from the river of ...Photo by: Patricia L
- ReflectionsPhoto by: Diane K
- Chicago BoatingPhoto by: Patrick L
- The Wills Tower formally the ...Photo by: MICHAELE H
- Corn Cob TowersPhoto by: Christos K
- Great View of the SkylinePhoto by: Christos K
- Tour of buildings from harborPhoto by: labmagic
- Building on tourPhoto by: labmagic
- Chicago Boat TourPhoto by: Diane R
- architectural tourPhoto by: NIRAJ K
- architectural tourPhoto by: NIRAJ K
- NBCPhoto by: thepea
- Skyline ReflectionsPhoto by: thepea
- Chicago DrawbridgePhoto by: thepea
- The MarinaPhoto by: thepea
- Chicago SkylinePhoto by: thepea
What You Can Expect
Pass by more than 40 distinctive buildings on your cruise including the John Hancock Center, the Wrigley Building, the Aon Center, Willis Tower (Sears Tower), the IBM Building and more. Your guide, an expert in architecture, will recount the two major events that helped shape the architectural history of the city. Learn about how the invention of balloon-frame construction revolutionized how homes were built, and hear the dramatic story of Chicago's rise from the Great Fire of 1871. Both of these milestones led Chicago to become one of the cradles of modern American architecture.
Along the scenic 75-minute route, see buildings by world-famous architects including Mies van der Rohe, Helmut Jahn and Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM). This river tour provides the best advantage point to admire the distinct city skyline and marvel at world-famous architecture while learning about Chicago's fascinating history.
For a full list of Chicago architectural wonders seen on this tour, see the Itinerary section below.
- Navy Pier
- Lake Point Tower
- Aon Center
- John Hancock Center
- Cityfront Center
- Illinois Center
- NBC Tower
- Chicago Tribune Tower
- London Guarantee Building333 North Michigan Building
- 401 North Michigan
- Wrigley Building
- 35 East Wacker
- Leo Burnett Building
- IBM Building
- Marina City
- • RR Donnelley Center
- • LaSalle-Wacker Building
- • 222 North LaSalle
- • Central Office Building
- Merchandise Mart
- 333 West Wacker, Montgomery Ward Complex
- River Cottages, Merchandise Mart
- Fulton House
- 225 West Wacker
- Boeing World Headquarters
- Civic Opera Building
- AT&T Corporate Center
- USG Building
- Riverside Plaza
- Citicorp Center
- Willis Tower (Sears Tower)
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Central US Post Office
- US Post Office Central Processing and Distribution Center
- 311 South Wacker
- River City
It was a beautiful day and our leader was so very knowledgeable. He was funny and informative. He made the cruise special!!
I was a fun way to see the city from a different angle! The tour guide had lots of interesting information. Snacks, adult beverages, and bathrooms were available for those in need. The only negative point I have was that while we were waiting to leave, the exhaust was blowing on us. I got off the boat until just before we were ready to pull out.
The guide was informative and the trip was very enjoyable.
Excellent value. Tour guide was very informative and entertaining. Great way to get to know the city.
My tour guide, Sarah, was absolutely one of the best tour guides I have ever had. Her encyclopedic knowledge of Chicago's buildings, building materials, architecture, architects, and history was breathtaking. She delivered it clearly, understandably, and with great humor. I came away with a new and deeper appreciation for the city and its wonderful architecture. I would recommend this tour to anyone. And give Sarah a raise!
Great experience!! The tour guide was awesome!
It was great and cannot suggest any way to improve it.
It was terrific! The city is beautiful and out tour guide was great!
Great experience! A treat we'd been looking forward to for quite some time. Guide was knowledgeable and well aware of points of interest. Thoroughly enjoyed the day.
$39.20 Save $5.60