- 2-hour walking tour of Chicago’s top deep dish pizza restaurants
- Learn the history of this famous Chicago dish from a knowledgeable pizza-loving guide
- Hear insider stories about the pizzerias and how they create their dishes
- Visit Pizzeria Uno where the deep-dish pizza was invented
- Compare the cheese, crust and sauce and choose your favorite combo among three of Chicago’s top pizzerias
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide at Pizzeria Uno, established in 1943 and credited with creating the this style of thick, layered pizza that resembles a pie. Pizzeria Uno boasts the most famous deep-dish pizza in Chicago. Hear the story of its founders and staff, who have contributed to Chicago’s cultural heritage with this famous dish.
Continue on to either Giordano’s or Pizzeria Ora. Each locale shares a different twist on the deep-dish pizza. Your enthusiastic and experienced guide explains the approach that each pizzeria takes with its pie, then you taste the goods and decide what you like best!
Expect to walk about 1 mile during the 2-hour tour, with stops at three renowned pizzerias. Munch on generous samples of pizza, enough to make a satisfying meal without slowing you down too much! At one of the locations you eat inside, at the other two you snack outside. It is recommended that you bring a bottle of water to sip, but you also have the option to purchase drinks at the restaurants.
After learning the history of Chicago’s most famous dish and sampling the goods at three pizzerias, your tour ends when you return to Giordano's. Extra large with pepperoni to go, anyone?