Book your tickets in advance and save over 10% off the local admission price!
If you want to extend your tour to day and night and observe Chicago at both times of day, upgrade to the Sun & Stars option, good for two visits. You can also upgrade for the Total Tower Experience and receive and exclusive gift!
- Admission to the John Hancock Observatory, located above the Magnificent Mile
- Ride to the top in North America's fastest elevators, which rise 1,000 feet (305 meters) in 40 seconds!
- Enjoy breathtaking 360-degree views of the Chicago skyline and Lake Michigan
- Feel the wind on your face as you experience Chicago's only open-air Skywalk
- Listen to the included Sky Tour narrated by part-time Chicagoan David Schwimmer
- Enjoy access to Lavazza Espression Café and free Wi-Fi
- Upgrade to the Sun & Stars option or the Total Tower Experience
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
More than just the tip of a tall building, the John Hancock Observatory offers several activities to complement the pretty view. If you’re feeling adventurous, test your fear of heights on Chicago's only open-air Skywalk where no matter the season, the wind on your face from nearly 100 stories in the air will get your heart pounding! Explore Chicago through the best technologies such as interactive screens that allow you to zoom in and out of famous locations across the city and test your knowledge on digital challenges. You can also stretch your eye a little further with the interactive telescopes (the first of their kind in the United States) and learn about the city surrounding you through the self-guided multimedia Sky Tour, which is narrated by actor David Schwimmer, who went to Chicago’s Northwestern University and co-founded the city’s Lookingglass Theatre Company. The guide is available in seven languages as well a version with commentary designed for kids.
Or, check out the 80 foot-long (24 meter) history wall with murals depicting Chicago's colorful past, and delight in a unique photo opportunity that will capture you as a John Hancock Center window washer. Souvenir photo packages are also available for purchase.
If you need to catch your breath, head to the observatory’s Lavazza Espression Café, where you can take a break with an Italian coffees, gelato, cocktails, or delicious café menu designed by 3-star Michelin chef Ferran Adrià (own expense).
Upgrade: Additional admission options are available to make the most of your visit.
- The Sun & Stars option is good for two visits (valid for 48 hours) to the observatory providing opportunity to enjoy Chicago views by both day and night
- The Total Tower Experience includes your admission, a multimedia tour, and an exclusive John Hancock Observatory gift
Incredible views, no queue with the fast pass, great sorbet/gelato at the cafe - highly recommended!
It was our first time in the city of Chicago and we had the best time ever. The weather was perfect the sightseeing tour was the best which included a stop at the observatory whcih we had tickets. It was the best vacation in a long time.