- Gourmet small-group food tour of Chicago's Gold Coast and Old Town neighborhoods
- All tasting fees included
- Visit seven of the neighborhoods' famous locations, including a Polish bakery and a specialty tea shop
- Historic city tour from your guide between tastings
- Lunch in the form of seven different tastings!
- Small-group tour with no more than 18 people ensures a personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
- Kamehachi Old Town — Chicago’s first Japanese-style restaurant, sake cafe and sushi bar
- Lou Malnati’s, a Chicago-style pizzeria serving up deep dish slices
- Delightful Pastries, an authentic Polish-European bakery
- The Spice House, a shop selling hand-prepared spices and seasonings
- Old Town Oil, specializing in aged balsamic vinegars and extra virgin olive oils
- Tea Gschwendner, a specialty tea merchant
- The Fudge Pot, Chicago’s oldest chocolate confectioner and fudge shop.
Great tour with a lot of variety. Krista was a great guide!
Allie was very friendly and informative, organized the tour with a good rhythm and made the 3 hours really interesting and fulfilling! Totally recommend!
Lovely tour. Tour guide had a bubbly personality. We enjoyed all of the food stops and went back to them after the tour to purchase their tasty treats. We enjoyed the architecture of the Gold Coast/Old Town too. Charming neighborhoods.
I was on my own for the day in Chicago and signed up for this tour. Sadie was a fantastic guide for the tour and the tour itself was excellent. Not only was the food delicious, but the area is beautiful and I learned a lot about both the Gold Coast/Old Town neighborhoods and the food. Wonderful way to spend a few hours while in Chicago!
It was informative and the food was great!! I wish we would of had some time to shop or the shops but a package together we could buy. I was from out of town and would have bought on the spot.
Kent was an excellent tour guide. Personable, informative and enthusiastic.
I loved it! This was a great way to see some Chicago neighborhoods - I went to places that I never would have found on my own. Our guide was great, and I loved the variety of food tastings. I read reviews before I booked, and though some people noted that they didn't have a sufficient quantity of food, that was not my experience. We were offered seconds at virtually every stop. I will certainly book another of these tours when I'm back in Chicago!
I would definitely recommend the Gold Coast and Old Town tour. The host was knowledgeable and friendly. In addition to interesting history of the food places we visited, she added a little bit of other Chicago history for good measure. And the restaurants and shops were all wonderful and inviting. All the food and beverages were great! Definitely plenty to eat too - was not hungry at all!
Team outing - We had such FUN. The food was great! Our guide AMBER was the best and really knew how to keep us interested and focussed on every aspect of the tour. We want to plan our next Viator outing and would love to be able to request AMBER to lead us.
Our guide was the best!!! She loves Chicago and it was very clear in her enthusiasm during our tour! We enjoyed her historical information and knowledge about the places we visited. Our group of 6 blended in with the others very well. Everything we tasted was well above our expectations. It was the right amount to taste! The places we visited were very informative about their products. We'll be going back to most of them on our next visit!