- Gourmet small-group food tour of Chicago's Gold Coast and Old Town neighborhoods
- All tasting fees included
- Visit seven of the neighborhoods' famous locations, including a Polish bakery and a specialty tea shop
- Historic city tour from your guide between tastings
- Lunch in the form of seven different tastings!
- Small-group tour with no more than 18 people ensures a personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Between tastings, walk like a local down the tree-lined streets as your guide shares insights about city history, food and architecture. Strolling the streets and sinking your teeth into this quintessential cuisine, you’ll feel like a real Chicagoan!
Sample tasting locations may include the following:
- Kamehachi Old Town — Chicago’s first Japanese-style restaurant, sake cafe and sushi bar
- Lou Malnati’s, a Chicago-style pizzeria serving up deep dish slices
- Delightful Pastries, an authentic Polish-European bakery
- The Spice House, a shop selling hand-prepared spices and seasonings
- Old Town Oil, specializing in aged balsamic vinegars and extra virgin olive oils
- Tea Gschwendner, a specialty tea merchant
- The Fudge Pot, Chicago’s oldest chocolate confectioner and fudge shop.
Fabulous walking tour of the area along with sampling of food. Very informative, not only of the area, but of the different foods. The Tea Shop and Spice Merchant stops were great! Jacqui tour guide was a lot of fun.
Highly recommended. Kent was an excellent guide and gave us the Chicago back-story as well as the foodie story.
Fun. Good small group, variety of stops, good guide.
Great way to see different areas of Chicago.
Really liked to have a walk around in old Town and the Gold coast! Lot's of new places to visit and great tastings!
Great tour with a lot of variety. Krista was a great guide!
Allie was very friendly and informative, organized the tour with a good rhythm and made the 3 hours really interesting and fulfilling! Totally recommend!
Lovely tour. Tour guide had a bubbly personality. We enjoyed all of the food stops and went back to them after the tour to purchase their tasty treats. We enjoyed the architecture of the Gold Coast/Old Town too. Charming neighborhoods.
I was on my own for the day in Chicago and signed up for this tour. Sadie was a fantastic guide for the tour and the tour itself was excellent. Not only was the food delicious, but the area is beautiful and I learned a lot about both the Gold Coast/Old Town neighborhoods and the food. Wonderful way to spend a few hours while in Chicago!
It was informative and the food was great!! I wish we would of had some time to shop or the shops but a package together we could buy. I was from out of town and would have bought on the spot.