- Gourmet small-group food tour of Chicago's Gold Coast and Old Town neighborhoods
- All tasting fees included
- Visit seven of the neighborhoods' famous locations, including a Polish bakery and a specialty tea shop
- Historic city tour from your guide between tastings
- Lunch in the form of seven different tastings!
- Small-group tour with no more than 18 people ensures a personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Your walk takes you to locations that include a Japanese restaurant, Polish bakery, famous Chicago-style pizzeria and more!
Sample tasting locations:
- Lou Malnati's: Famous Chicago-style deep dish pizzeria
- The Spice House: Hand-prepared spices and seasonings
- Delightful Pastries: Authentic Polish-European bakery and pastry store
- Old Town Oil: Aged balsamic vinegars and 100% extra virgin olive oils
- Tea Gschwendner: Leading specialty tea merchant
- The Fudge Pot: Chicago's oldest chocolate confectioner and fudge shop
- Kamehachi Old Town: Chicago's first Japanese-style restaurant, sake cafe and sushi bar
If you have food allergies, please specify at the time of checkout in the 'special requirements' field. Thank you
Very interesting, would definately recommend.
Much better way to see off the beaten path parts of the city then say, your typical riverboat tour.
Only downside: Not much FOOD on the tour - I was expecting to be full like on most other food tours I've done, but wasn't...
Everything about his tour was impressive: guide, locations, and food. Kent did a fantastic job to introducing the food, establishment, as well as neighborhoods of Chicago. We highly recommend this tour!
The Gold coat for tour was so much fun. Great guide (Jess), so knowledgable and nice. The selection of food spots was great and walking was easy. Loved how Jess talked about history, architecture and other city anecdotes. Highly recommended!!!!
I highly recommend this enjoyable tour! I was visiting my son in Chicago, and wanted to pick one fun sightseeing activity for the two of us for a day in the city. We'd already done more traditional sightseeing in the past, so I picked this unique food tour for this visit, and we were both glad I did! Sadie, our personable and knowledgeable guide, made sure everyone in our small group 9 on this particular tour enjoyed the experience. There was a great mix of tasty food reasonable portions so no one got too full and interesting food shops I particularly enjoyed the spice shop experience, interspersed with a fun architectural/historical tour of the Old Town/Gold Coast neighborhoods. The 3 hours flew by! People in our group ranged in age from mid 20s to mid 60s, and all ages enjoyed the tour.
It was fantastic! A perfect mix of food stores and a wonderful and informative walk through a fascinating part of Chicago.
Went with two friends, and even though we know Chicago quite well, this was the highlight of our girlfriend weekend. Our tour guide, Jackie, was excellent knowledgeable, funny, kept the tour on track. The food was great definintely enough for lunch. I was least excited about the spice and oil/vinegar stops only because I've been to these kinds of shops before, but was surprised to enjoy them so much because of the education and suggestions/tastings for combinatons, etc. Also enjoyed walking through neighborhoods and getting some history. Can't wait to go back to Chicago and take another one of their food tours!
Do this tour! It was a perfect mix of food, architecture, and history. Our guide, Jess, was extremely knowledgable and enthusiastic about the city. Would recommend this tour to anyone!
I enjoyed the food tour. It allowed me to visit an area of Chicago that I probably would not have visited on my own. The food we tasted was delicious, and our tour guide Angie was enthusiastic and very knowledgeable.
Very informative and fun. The tour guide was knowledgeable, and the size of our group (9) made it manageable when going into the restaurants/shoppes to enjoy our visits. The food was delicious. Would do it again.