- Gourmet small-group food tour of Chicago's Gold Coast and Old Town neighborhoods
- All tasting fees included
- Visit seven of the neighborhoods' famous locations, including a Polish bakery and a specialty tea shop
- Historic city tour from your guide between tastings
- Lunch in the form of seven different tastings!
- Small-group tour with no more than 18 people ensures a personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Your walk takes you to locations that include a Japanese restaurant, Polish bakery, famous Chicago-style pizzeria and more!
Sample tasting locations:
- Lou Malnati's: Famous Chicago-style deep dish pizzeria
- The Spice House: Hand-prepared spices and seasonings
- Delightful Pastries: Authentic Polish-European bakery and pastry store
- Old Town Oil: Aged balsamic vinegars and 100% extra virgin olive oils
- Tea Gschwendner: Leading specialty tea merchant
- The Fudge Pot: Chicago's oldest chocolate confectioner and fudge shop
- Kamehachi Old Town: Chicago's first Japanese-style restaurant, sake cafe and sushi bar
If you have food allergies, please specify at the time of checkout in the 'special requirements' field. Thank you
I would definitely recommend the Gold Coast and Old Town tour. The host was knowledgeable and friendly. In addition to interesting history of the food places we visited, she added a little bit of other Chicago history for good measure. And the restaurants and shops were all wonderful and inviting. All the food and beverages were great! Definitely plenty to eat too - was not hungry at all!
Team outing - We had such FUN. The food was great! Our guide AMBER was the best and really knew how to keep us interested and focussed on every aspect of the tour. We want to plan our next Viator outing and would love to be able to request AMBER to lead us.
Our guide was the best!!! She loves Chicago and it was very clear in her enthusiasm during our tour! We enjoyed her historical information and knowledge about the places we visited. Our group of 6 blended in with the others very well. Everything we tasted was well above our expectations. It was the right amount to taste! The places we visited were very informative about their products. We'll be going back to most of them on our next visit!
If going to Chicago anytime soon, do yourself a favor and book this tour! Great food, fascinating history and gorgeous buildings made for an excellent afternoon. Kent was our guide and did an amazing job of being personable, knowledgeable and very welcoming. I would go on another tour in a heartbeat.
Very interesting, would definately recommend.
Much better way to see off the beaten path parts of the city then say, your typical riverboat tour.
Only downside: Not much FOOD on the tour - I was expecting to be full like on most other food tours I've done, but wasn't...
Everything about his tour was impressive: guide, locations, and food. Kent did a fantastic job to introducing the food, establishment, as well as neighborhoods of Chicago. We highly recommend this tour!
The Gold coat for tour was so much fun. Great guide (Jess), so knowledgable and nice. The selection of food spots was great and walking was easy. Loved how Jess talked about history, architecture and other city anecdotes. Highly recommended!!!!
I highly recommend this enjoyable tour! I was visiting my son in Chicago, and wanted to pick one fun sightseeing activity for the two of us for a day in the city. We'd already done more traditional sightseeing in the past, so I picked this unique food tour for this visit, and we were both glad I did! Sadie, our personable and knowledgeable guide, made sure everyone in our small group 9 on this particular tour enjoyed the experience. There was a great mix of tasty food reasonable portions so no one got too full and interesting food shops I particularly enjoyed the spice shop experience, interspersed with a fun architectural/historical tour of the Old Town/Gold Coast neighborhoods. The 3 hours flew by! People in our group ranged in age from mid 20s to mid 60s, and all ages enjoyed the tour.
It was fantastic! A perfect mix of food stores and a wonderful and informative walk through a fascinating part of Chicago.