- 3-hour food and walking tour of downtown Chicago
- Discover the interiors of architectural wonders such as the Marshall Field’s Building and Palmer House Hotel
- See important outdoor sites including Millennium Park and the Chicago River
- Enjoy generous tastings at a number of eateries where you sample Chicago-style pizza and other treats
- Walk at an easy pace with different routes appropriate for warmer and cooler temperatures
- Learn about the history of Chicago from your expert guide
- All food and beverage tastings are included
What You Can Expect
Architectural highlights include Millennium Park, a modern town square with a collection of art, architecture, and gardens that provide a stunning backdrop for hundreds of cultural events. Nearby, walk along the Chicago River, a system of waterways that links to the Great Lakes, the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico. It's a key reason that Chicago became a powerhouse city,
facilitating trade in the Midwest and beyond. If you visit in March, don't be alarmed if the water appears radioactive green — it's actually a St Patrick's Day tradition to add (non-toxic) dye to the river for the festivities.
Step inside the gorgeous and historic Palmer Hotel, host to many luminaries since it opened in 1875. Presidential candidates Grover Cleveland and Ulysses S. Grant stayed in the luxurious hotel, as did writers Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde and L. Frank Baum. Your guide shows you ornate interiors and shares the colorful history of this hotel. Then see the iconic Marshall Field’s Building, with its beautiful atrium, mosaic ceiling designed by Tiffany & Co, and famous outdoor clocks.
During colder months, your guide leads you on a route through the Chicago Pedway system, a network of tunnels, ground-level concourses and bridges that connects sites throughout Chicago’s central business district, keeping you comfortably warm. During warmer times of the year, walk along the large scenic promenades of the Loop.
Expect to walk at a leisurely pace for 1.5 miles during the 3-hour tour, suitable for most fitness levels, with plenty of stops for tastings and photo ops. All tastings and beverages are included.
Thank you, the food was great and we really enjoyed the tour and information.
Brilliant tour, easy walk with a knowledgable interesting guide. Only me and my husband on the tour but it still went ahead. We tried and loved new tastes and are now much more likely to return to Chicago in the future as she gave us a real insight into what the city has to offer. Many thanks