- Private tour of Chongqing’s top attractions with an expert guide
- Choose a full-day or half-day morning or afternoon tour
- Enjoy views of the Yangtze and Jialing rivers at Eling Park on Eling Mountain
- Browse interesting cultural and artistic artifacts at the Chongqing Museum
- Tour the General Joseph W Stilwell Museum to learn about the important works of this American general
- Visit Arhat Temple, an ancient Buddhist temple and monastery in downtown Chongqing
- See pandas at the Chongqing Zoo!
What You Can Expect
Morning Half-Day Tour:
Get a great view of both these rivers at Eling Park, which was built as a private garden in 1909 and is located on Eling Mountain. Discover how this mountain attained its former name of Goose Nape Hill – its narrow shape resembles the nape of a goose’s neck.
Next, head to the top of Pipashan (Pipa Mountain) for a tour of the Chongqing Museum, featuring more than 40 exhibit halls displaying 100,000 relics spanning more than 3,000 years of history. With your guide, browse interesting cultural and artistic antiques including bronze wares, pottery, paintings, porcelain and sculptures. You'll then return to your hotel in the afternoon.
Afternoon Half-Day Tour:
After hotel pickup, head straight to the General Joseph W Stilwell Museum, founded in memory of the American general who contributed a great deal, politically and militarily, to the Chinese people. This three-story museum is actually Stilwell's former residence and headquarters, and in the courtyard, you’ll see an engraving of a speech by American president Franklin D Roosevelt.
Your next stop is Arhat Temple, whose location is a bit of a surprise; wedged tightly between skyscrapers and apartment blocks, this 1,000-year-old Buddhist temple and monastery is a place of worship and home to 18 monks. As you approach the entrance, you’ll notice hundreds of terracotta sculptures. Step inside with your guide and walk around for a glimpse into this region's religious culture.
Finally, get a taste of Chinese wildlife on a visit to the Chongqing Zoo, where you’ll see adorable pandas! You’ll be taken back to your hotel in the evening.
Choose the full-day tour and enjoy all of these activities, including a lunch of traditional Chinese specialties before continuing your tour to the General Joseph W Stilwell Museum. Hotel drop-off is included in the evening.