- Banks Peninsula, Christchurch tour and sheep farm visit from Akaroa port
- Walk through the Christchurch Botanic Gardens
- See central Christchurch and the rebuilding process after the earthquake
- Visit a sheep farm to see sheep dogs at work and watch a sheep-shearing demonstration
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Then travel just 30 minutes from Christchurch into the heart of Canterbury's sheep farming country to visit a working sheep farm, set in a tranquil and picturesque rural location.
Enjoy the experience of watching sheep dogs work, cleverly rounding up the flock and penning them for you to pet and photograph. Watch a sheep-shearing demonstration -- if you wish, you can have a go too! Enjoy afternoon tea before returning to the cruise port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Akaroa port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
This tour was amazing! We enjoyed the tour very much, however, it would be even more perfect if there were more sheep in the demonstration!
Christchurch was a bit boring, lots of 'there use to be ........' about what had been in a spot befor the earthquakes. Terrible devistation. The sheep farm was fun, we got to try our hand at shearing a sheep!!!!