- Banks Peninsula, Christchurch tour and sheep farm visit from Akaroa port
- Walk through the Christchurch Botanic Gardens
- See central Christchurch and the rebuilding process after the earthquake
- Visit a sheep farm to see sheep dogs at work and watch a sheep-shearing demonstration
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Then travel just 30 minutes from Christchurch into the heart of Canterbury's sheep farming country to visit a working sheep farm, set in a tranquil and picturesque rural location.
Enjoy the experience of watching sheep dogs work, cleverly rounding up the flock and penning them for you to pet and photograph. Watch a sheep-shearing demonstration -- if you wish, you can have a go too! Enjoy afternoon tea before returning to the cruise port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Akaroa port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details. .
This tour was amazing! We enjoyed the tour very much, however, it would be even more perfect if there were more sheep in the demonstration!
Christchurch was a bit boring, lots of 'there use to be ........' about what had been in a spot befor the earthquakes. Terrible devistation. The sheep farm was fun, we got to try our hand at shearing a sheep!!!!