- Banks Peninsula, Christchurch tour and Willowbank Wildlife Reserve from Akaroa port
- Enjoy a scenic trip along the Akaroa Highway with its stunning scenery
- Take a walk through the Chistchurch Botanic Gardens
- See the sights of central Christchurch and the rebuilding process from the 2011 earthquake
- Admire the elusive kiwi bird at Willowbank Wildlife Reserve
- Learn about the breeding programs at the wildlife reserve
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Then get ready for a wildlife encounter at the Willowbank Wildlife Reserve, home to 50 types of animals. The highlight of any visit to Willowbank is catching a glimpse of New Zealand’s kiwi bird, a mixed-up creature with tiny wings, a long bill, cat-like whiskers and hair-like features. You’ll hear about the special kiwi breeding program at Willowbank and might spot several varieties of these unusual birds, including North Island brown and South Island spotted kiwis.
At Willowbank, you will also discover the ecological history and heritage of New Zealand, and see a huge range of other animals, from monkeys and llamas to lemurs and wallabies.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Akaroa port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.