- Banks Peninsula and Christchurch tour from Akaroa port
- Travel from Akaroa through breathtaking scenery to Christchurch
- Visit the Christchurch Botanic Gardens
- See the city sights of Christchurch
- Entry to Christchurch's leading attraction -- International Antarctic Centre
- Take a ride on the Hagglund all-terrain vehicle
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Then be immersed in the sights of Antarctica at the renowned International Antarctic Centre. The center re-creates the atmosphere of Antarctica with the amazing Snow and Ice Experience, featuring the world’s first indoor storm complete with lightning, arctic winds and blizzard audio.
Meet the cute Antarctic wildlife at the Blue Penguin Encounter, then buckle up for an exhilarating Hagglund ride. Traveling over a crevasse and through water, the all-terrain amphibious adventure simulates the traveling conditions scientists experience riding across the Antarctic ice pack.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Akaroa port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Was everything promised, and really enjoyed the history given by our bus driver as well, book the tour you won't be disappointed.
Such a pretty scenic drive into Christchurch from Akaroa and Hank our driver returned another way and it to had views to die for .Excellent trip and felt very sad for christchurch when we saw what 22seconds of quake could do. Great day