Enjoy this full day trip from Christchurch and visit the beautiful unspoiled old French whaling depot of Akaroa. Travel by road to Akaroa via Sign of the Takahe and Sign of the Kiwi, Governors Bay, Gebbies Pass, Lake Ellesmere, Lake Forsyth, Little River and the Hill Top. A stop will also be made at the cheese factory at Barry's Bay, where you can sample some fine New Zealand cheese.
- Explore Akaroa on a day trip from Christchurch
- Cruise the Akaroa harbour and enjoy a swim with the rare Hectors dolphins
- Stroll through Akaroa and visit the craft stores and old French colonial buildings
- Visit a cheese factory and sample some of New Zealand's best cheeses
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
- All snorkel equipment including wet suit hire
Recent Photos of this Tour
On arriving at Akaroa join the 'Canterbury Cat Too' for a cruise on the Akaroa Harbour sighting dolphins, penguins and seals. Prior to your departure you will be equipped with wet suit, mask, snorkel and flippers. After locating a pod of Hectors Dolphins you will enter the water to swim with these rare and endangered mammals. Following your return to Akaroa village, time will be available for lunch (additional at own expense) and to explore the many fine craft shops and old French colonial buildings prior to your return to Christchurch.