Experience the pleasures of a 1.5 hour horse ride on the Banks of the Waimakariri River, with magnificent and breathtaking views of the Southern Alps.
You will be collected from your centrally located Christchruch accommodation and taken approximately 25 minutes from the city center of Christchurch. An experienced teacher will accompany you on the trek and is available to provide advice and assistance. There are treks and horses available for both the beginner and experienced rider.
- Enjoy the pleasure of riding a horse through the beautiful banks of the Waimakariri River on this half-day tour from Christchurch
- Horse trek tour prefect for both beginners and experienced riders
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
What You Can Expect
Why not combine your horse trekking experience with other Christchurch attractions:
- Jet Boat Tour - Choose to enjoy one of the most exhilarating and scenically spectacular jetboat rides available in New Zealand. You will jetboat along the Waimakariri River Gorge through the foothills of the Southern Alps with breathtaking views of rugged snow-capped mountains.
- Sheep Farm Visit - Or visit one of three working sheep farms all set in tranquil and picturesque locations. Enjoy the experience of watching sheep dogs work, rounding up the flock and penning them for you to touch, examine and photograph. Enjoy a shearing demonstration and if you wish, you can have a go. Either morning or afternoon tea is included.