Travel 30-minutes from Christchurch into the heart of Canterbury's sheep farm land on this tour.
Visit one of three working sheep farms all set in tranquil and picturesque locations. Enjoy the experience of watching sheep dogs work, rounding up the flock and penning them for you to touch, examine and photograph. A shearing demonstration has been arranged and if you wish, you can have a go too! There are many other sheep farm activities for you to witness and enjoy, such as feeding the animals. Morning or afternoon tea will be provided.
- Visit a working sheep farm, watch a shearing demonstration and feed the farm animals on this half-day tour from Christchruch
- Enjoy morning or afternoon tea
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
Recent Photos of this Tour
Why not combine your sheep farm visit with another Christchurch attraction:
- Winery Visit - On your return from the sheep farm, choose to include a visit to one of Canterbury's largest vineyards. Enjoy a short tour of the winery followed by a tasting of the various vintages.
- Jet Boating Tour - After the sheep farm visit, choose to enjoy one of the most exhilarating and scenically spectacular jetboat rides available in New Zealand. Jetboat the Waimakariri River Gorge through the foothills of the Southern Alps with breathtaking views of rugged snow-capped mountains. .
Reviewed by Tania H, March 2013
Convenient pick-up, friendly driver, and clean mini bus. We were in a very small group which was great because we were comfortable and able to get more involved and ask questions and have the undivided attention of the driver and host/farmer. We visited a small farm, we were greeted immediately by a lovely older gentleman who is an inspiration to everyone to be so active and in control of sheep. Some sheep were in a stall awaiting our arrival, we were shown how to sheer them and given the opportunity to have a turn ourselves. We then went out to a paddock and watched how the farmer instructed a sheep dog how to herd up sheep and bring them to us. It was amazing to watch how such a little dog was in control of so many sheep. We had some photo opportunities with the sheep and farm. We then headed inside to have a beautiful morning tea, a fantastic spread of homemade baking, and great conversation. A pleasant and informative way to spend a morning.
Reviewed by Julia G, June 2011
This tour as great! The guys who run it are friendly and genuine. Got to shear a sheep, eat shortbread for morning tea and talk rugby. Perfect morning