- Christchurch sightseeing tour by double-decker bus
- Enjoy a one-hour tour of central Christchurch on an open-top double-decker bus
- Learn about the city’s recovery from the 2011 earthquake
- See greater Christchurch on a two-hour closed-top double-decker bus tour
- Visit the beach at Sumner, the Port Hills and Mona Vale Gardens
- Listen to a live commentary
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the driver but was excellent. We had a very insightful commentary on where Christchurch is at at the moment and it brought out al sorts of emotions and ideas. The driver did an excellent job showing us the inter city and what is happening etc. As my father in law and I were the only ones on the bus for the second part, we were taken by request, to Sumner, Redcliffs, stopped for a cuppa and the driver then took us up some hills. We had frequent stops to view the city and surrounds and to see, first hand the devastatin that Canterbury has suffered. We had lots explained. A wonderful Christchurch experience. My thoughts are that the council/government should get on with the housing and the sports fields and cathedral,can wait!!!!!!!!
gorgeous day for riding on the open upper deck.
very interesting seeing what still has to be done nearly 4 years after the first quake to make the city whole again!