Take the scenic route from Christchurch to Mount Cook in the comfort of an air-conditioned coach, admiring spectacular scenery along the way.
- Christchurch to Mount Cook One-Way Tour
- See the iconic Church of the Good Shepherd at Lake Tekapo
- Travel through the Southern Alps towards Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park, home to New Zealand's tallest mountain
- Enjoy a three course lunch at the famous Hermitage Hotel
- Explore the village of Mount Cook with leisure time after lunch
- Take an optional scenic flight over this breathtaking alpine region (at own expense)
What You Can Expect
Depart Christchurch and travel through the rich pastoral farmland of the Canterbury Plains before heading inland to the small farming township of Geraldine for a morning tea break.
Leaving Geraldine and its rolling green valleys, the tour continues further inland as the road starts to climb and travel across the historic Burkes Pass. The views are breathtaking as you descend towards the stunning, glacial fed Lake Tekapo. Visit the famous Church of the Good Shepherd standing in picturesque solitude on the foreshores of the lake.
From Tekapo, your coach will travel up the western side of Lake Pukaki at the foot of New Zealand's tallest mountain, Mount Cook.
As you arrive at the Mount Cook village, you will be mesmerized by the alpine surroundings of this truly unique region. There are plenty of opportunities to explore the surrounding walking tracks or experience an ultimate scenic flight by helicopter or skiplane (scenic flights not included).
Your tour concludes in Mount Cook, please note accommodation should be pre-arranged, as hotel availability can be limited in this area.