- Comprehensive sightseeing tour of Christchurch
- Wander the beautiful landscape of Mona Vale Gardens
- See historic buildings and architecture
- Travel through seaside suburb of Sumner
- Spectacular views over the Canterbury Plains and Southern Alps
- International Antarctic Center (if option selected)
The tour commences by covering the central city highlights including the Botanical Gardens, Museum and Art Centre, Avon River and the Bridge of Remembrance.
Then leave the inner city and drivel to Mona Vale, a historic homestead and gardens. Here you will have time to take a short stroll within the 5.5 hectares of richly landscaped gardens, ponds and fountains.
Next, travel up to ’Sign of the Takahe’ a historical building nestled atop the Cashmere Hills, with spectacular views over the city, Canterbury Plains and the Southern Alps. Journey back to the city to the Port of Lyttleton, through the harbour tunnel to the seaside suburb of Sumner and cave rock before returning to the central city where the tour will conclude.
Why not combine the Christchurch Sightseeing tour with admission into the International Antarctic Center. The center recreates the atmosphere of Antarctica with a Snow and Ice Experience, the Blue Penguin Encounter and an exhilarating Hagglung ride. This option only available for the morning departure and will add an additional two-hours to your sightseeing tour.
Reviewed by Paul C, Australia, July 2010
Reviewed by Suzanne, Australia, April 2010