- Quad bike tour of Kaikoura with round-trip transport from Christchurch
- Go off-roading through Kaikoura's unspoiled terrain
- Drive your own four-wheel, all-terrain vehicle in a caravan with your group and guide
- Enjoy views of the Haumuri Bluffs and spot the area's abundant wildlife
- All safety equipment included, and light refreshments provided
What You Can Expect
Your adventure starts with pickup from your Christchurch hotel in the morning. Drive 2.5 hours up to the picturesque peninsula town of Kaikoura, backed by the snowcapped Seaward Kaikoura Range. Either have an early lunch (own expense) or have free time to explore town before heading to your trailhead.
Get equipped with your 4-wheel, all-terrain vehicle and receive a safety orientation and training session from your guide. All quad bike drivers must be at least 16 years of age; those under 16 can ride as a passenger on an 8-wheel vehicle driven by a guide.
Once you feel comfortable on your quad bike, follow your guide through eastern New Zealand's scenic backcountry. Traverse over grassy slopes, down riverbanks and along Kaikoura's rugged coastline topped by the Haumuri Bluffs. Keep your eye out for the area's abundant wildlife — seals are commonly spotted down by the water.
Enjoy some light refreshments upon your return to the base camp. Then hit the road for the 2.5-hour journey back to Christchurch.