Spend the day getting close to Dolphins. Travel by coach through the rolling hill country of North Canterbury, enjoying the beauty of its rural pastoral scenes, to Kaikoura where mountains meet sea. Kaikoura is world renowned for the variety of marine mammals which can be seen, not least of all the giant sperm whales and the acrobatic Dusky Dolphins.
- Enjoy a day trip to Kaikoura for a swim and snorkel with the dolphins
- Travel through scenic North Canterbury to Kaikoura, where the mountains meet the sea
- Snorkel gear including wet suit hire included
- Visit a fur seal colony
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
On arrival in Kaikoura you may enjoy either an early lunch (additional at own expense) at the Craypot Cafe and Bar or have free time to explore Kaikoura before being transferred to the 'Swim with Dolphins' Tour with Dolphin Encounter, where you will be fully equipped with wet suit, mask, snorkel and flippers in order to swim in the sea with the Dusky Dolphins. There will be the opportunity during the day to visit a seal colony where fur seals may be viewed at close quarters.