- Take a scenic Coastal Pacific Train journey from Kaikoura to Christchurch
- Join a whale watching tour in Kaikoura and see giant sperm whales, dolphins and seals
- Visit a fur seal colony
- Enjoy an optional lunch at a local restaurant
- Local guide
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
What You Can Expect
Everything went well, Hank, our personal driver, was there punctually in the morning, to pick us up. We had a nice ride north to Kaikoura. The whale watching was great, although a lot of people got seasick. We saw lots of birds and two, almost three sperm whales!
The train ride back to Christchurch was comfy, we were very tired though because of the jetlag, so we slept most of the ride home.
It was good trip but the wave was too high and I got sea sickness.
I did not enjoy it that much.
If you are planning to go take sea sickness tablet .
We did not manage to see the whale and we get partial refund.
Boat stuff was very good and very helpful.
The boat was nice.
It was great adventur
Lesley S United Kingdom
Very interesting and fascinating trip!
June S Australia
Patricia R Australia
Harry M Canada
Robert L USA
This was OK. The whale watching itself was amazing and we got to see Kaiko for a long time. The guide was nice but the wait between whale watching and the train back home was long (2.5 hours) without anything to do.