Journey to the remote and beautiful Mt Potts high country station, home of Mt Sunday; see how this peaceful mountain was transformed into Edoras, the capital city of the Rohan people in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Immerse yourself in the natural unspoilt beauty of the high country's sparkling clear lakes, glistening blue rivers and fresh mountain air.
- Enjoy breathtaking 360 degree views from the summit of Edora/ Mt Sunday
- Delicious champagne picnic lunch
- Informative and entertaining commentary from local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
This great day out includes 4WD access onto Mt Sunday itself, a delicious champagne picnic lunch, fully running commentary from a friendly and knowledgeable kiwi tour guide and spectacular scenery you will never forget. You don't have to be a Lord of the Rings fan to enjoy this amazing day out!
- Stand on the summit of Mount Sunday (Edoras) enjoy the breathtaking 360 degree views
- A selection of movie replicas for photo use
- Spectacular scenery including rivers, alpine lakes, mountains and high country farm land
My daughter and I really enjoyed the tour. Though it was hard to walk up the mountain, it was worth it! The view was fantastic and it was great that they had some props that we could have our pictures taken with. The lunch they gave us was delicious. The tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly.
We drove through the countryside from Christchurch to Edoras, and I believe my visit to NZ , would not had felt as complete as with this tour, amazing, beautiful, felt like a member of the fellowship myself, walking up to edoras.... definitely a must for any LOTR fan!!