Journey to the remote and beautiful Mt Potts high country station, home of Mt Sunday; see how this peaceful mountain was transformed into Edoras, the capital city of the Rohan people in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Immerse yourself in the natural unspoilt beauty of the high country's sparkling clear lakes, glistening blue rivers and fresh mountain air.
- Enjoy breathtaking 360 degree views from the summit of Edora/ Mt Sunday
- Delicious champagne picnic lunch
- Informative and entertaining commentary from local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
This great day out includes 4WD access onto Mt Sunday itself, a delicious champagne picnic lunch, fully running commentary from a friendly and knowledgeable kiwi tour guide and spectacular scenery you will never forget. You don't have to be a Lord of the Rings fan to enjoy this amazing day out!
- Stand on the summit of Mount Sunday (Edoras) enjoy the breathtaking 360 degree views
- A selection of movie replicas for photo use
- Spectacular scenery including rivers, alpine lakes, mountains and high country farm land
A great way to see where the movie was shot. Awesome.
Great time! Hammond was a great guide who shared his knowledge working on the set!! Amazing scenery. Lots of stops to enjoy the amazing scenery and to take pictures. One of the best tours of my life!!