Take the plunge on a jet boat ride through Christchurch waters and admire striking scenery! Weather you're pressed for time or can afford a half day, this adventure full of thrills and spills is suitable for the whole family.
- Combine the thrills and excitement of a jet boat ride with the breathtaking scenery of Waimakairir River Gorge on this day trip from Christchurch
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- See the breathtaking views of the rugged snow-capped Southern Alps mountains
- Choice of either 3-hour Jet boat ride or 4.5-hour Jet boat on Waimak Gorge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off centrally located Christchurch hotels
What You Can Expect
Waimak Gorge Jet Boating (3 hours):
Enjoy one of the most exhilarating and scenically spectacular jetboat rides available in New Zealand. Jetboat the Waimakariri River Gorge through the foothills of the Southern Alps with breathtaking views of rugged snow-capped mountains. You will travel from Christchurch by road through the rural pastoral scenes of the Canterbury Plains to the foothills of the Southern Alps.Waimak Gorge Jet Boating Safari (4 1/2 hours):
As an alternative you can choose the Waimak Gorge Jet Boating Safari. Travel to the upper Waimakariri Gorge, to areas which are otherwise inaccessible. From its birthplace in the rugged Southern Alps, the snow fed waters of the Waimakariri enter the canyons and gorges where steep rock faces are lined with native forests. The spectacular scenery makes this more than just a jet boat experience.Lower Waimak Jet Boat (1 1/2 hours):
When time is limited but you still want to experience the thrill of jet boating then this option satisfies those requirements. A thrilling jet boat option in the shallow river flats of the snow fed Waimakariri River. Experience the thrills of jet boating through the shallow, shifting, ever-changing courses of shingle bottom streams.