- Enjoy a 5.5-hour wine trails tour of four boutique vineyards in the Waipara wine region
- Wine tasting tour of 4 boutique vineyards in the Waipara area
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from centrally located Christchurch hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
- Waipara Hills (formerly Mud House): sample award-winning pinot gris and riesling along with other varietals at the Cellar Door
- Pegasus Bay Winery: discover sustainable viticulture used to bring out the complex flavors and fruit character of the wines
- Torlesse Wines: based in Waipara Village, it prides itself on hand-crafted wines, including gold-medal Torlesse Gewürztraminer and Waipara sauvignon blanc
- Waipara Springs Winery: the 64-acre (26-hectare) vineyard grows a range of varietals for their Waipara Springs and Premo labels; visit the Southern Boundary Wines Cellar Door to sample older vintages
Great tour and lots of fine wines. Beautiful lunch and John was very accommodating for our tour - And patience! Thank you
Bob O Mexico
I recall we visited 3 wineries. All the assistants were knowledgeable and informative. A good selection of wines
Great day awesome guide lots of knowlage
Lovely wines and delicious lunch and 4 different wineries. Well worth the cost.
George K New Caledonia
Ian was an excellent tour guide - very knowledgeable about not just wine, but also Christchurch history.
We visited 4 wineries, had great tastings. Definitely recommend.
Very enjoyable tour, the wineries visited were lovely and the wines delicious
Nice wines and lunch
Good half day trip while in Christchurch, opportunity to try many different wines from 4 places. Lunch was very good if you choose that option. Nice trip and recommended
Lovely, relaxed afternoon with lovely platter lunch at first winery. Tasted some wonderful wines and really enjoyed our guide Ian, both my partner and I thought he made the whole afternoon.
We ended up being the only two people on our tour for the date we selected, which was nice as it felt like a private tour. Our driver, Des was delightful and felt like a family before the day was over. We opted for the lunch option and were glad we did as you taste A LOT of wine throughout the tour. We visited one of the wineries prior to this trip and Des offered to take us to another location without us even asking. This is a wine tasting tour, not a winery tour, but we were able to walk around some of the grounds. We found Pegasus Bay's property to be most beautiful.