- 3-hour Cologne Christmas dinner cruise along the Rhine River
- Enjoy a buffet dinner including German specialities
- Listen to Christmas music and get into the festive mood
What You Can Expect
Admire Cologne's beautiful winter city skyline as you slowly meander along the river. Experience the most beautiful stretches of the Rhine with its fairy-tale castles, and soak in the tranquil atmosphere. This is an unforgettable indulgence in one of Germany's prettiest cities!
Sample Menu (subject to change at any time without notice):
• Cream soup with mushrooms and herbs
• Tagliatelle in creamy mushroom sauce with tomato cubes and grated parmesan
• Pork shoulder with Christmas spices and Burgundy sauce served with potato-cabbage mix
• Baked corn poulard in hazelnut sauce with red cabbage and potato dumplings
• Tomato and mozzarella with rucola salad
• Marinated beef in herb sauce
• Chicken cocktail in light yogurt sauce
• Selection of fish including Norwegian smoked salmon and trout with cream of horseradish and honey-mustard dill sauce
• Rustic selection of roasts, meatballs, raw hams
• Wintery green and raw salads with two dressings
• International cheese board with olives and grapes
• Bread, rolls and butter
• German-style baked apple filled with nuts and raisins, served with warm vanilla sauce
• Pancake filled with forest fruits
• Cappuccino-almond mousse
• Plum-cinnamon ice cream
This was a a lovely trip. It was very cold outside, but the boat was very warm and comfortable. The staff was wonderful, the food was very good! We were able to get through the buffet line near the beginning, but when my husband went back for seconds, it was still just as delicious. Several kinds of meat were served, a salad bar, vegetables, soup, and all the wine or beer you could drink. The view was beautiful from the boat, but hard to take good pictures as it was moving. It lasted three hours. There was a live band aboard, but we were on the other side of ship, so the music was nicely in the background. Many people danced, and it was quite a party! There was much laughing and fun had by all!
lovely food, very friendly staff and great band/entertainment on board. only improvement would be to have food labels in English language at the food buffet for the non germans on board!