- 3-hour Cologne Christmas dinner cruise along the Rhine River
- Enjoy a buffet dinner including German specialities
- Listen to Christmas music and get into the festive mood
What You Can Expect
Admire Cologne's beautiful winter city skyline as you slowly meander along the river. Experience the most beautiful stretches of the Rhine with its fairy-tale castles, and soak in the tranquil atmosphere. This is an unforgettable indulgence in one of Germany's prettiest cities!
Sample Menu (subject to change at any time without notice):
• Cream soup with mushrooms and herbs
• Tagliatelle in creamy mushroom sauce with tomato cubes and grated parmesan
• Pork shoulder with Christmas spices and Burgundy sauce served with potato-cabbage mix
• Baked corn poulard in hazelnut sauce with red cabbage and potato dumplings
• Tomato and mozzarella with rucola salad
• Marinated beef in herb sauce
• Chicken cocktail in light yogurt sauce
• Selection of fish including Norwegian smoked salmon and trout with cream of horseradish and honey-mustard dill sauce
• Rustic selection of roasts, meatballs, raw hams
• Wintery green and raw salads with two dressings
• International cheese board with olives and grapes
• Bread, rolls and butter
• German-style baked apple filled with nuts and raisins, served with warm vanilla sauce
• Pancake filled with forest fruits
• Cappuccino-almond mousse
• Plum-cinnamon ice cream
The dinner cruise was amazing and e had fun. We were realy pleased whit everything. The only draw back was that thw names of the food was written only in German it would have helped if they were written also in English.
This was really excellent and tremendous value for money. The boat was beautifully decorated and the live band were really good so there was a proper party atmosphere. The food was plentiful and of a very high standard (the smoked salmon was superb; so were all the meat dishes) . Service was really attentive and your glass was refilled as soon as it started to empty. The wines were good quality, there was bottled water at every table and the beer was the excellent locally brewed kolsch. The only thing we hadn't expected was to be seated with other people but the organisers had thoughtfully put us with another a British couple (in fact, they turned out to be Welsh, like us). and we really enjoyed their company. We didn't really register the scenery as obviously it was dark and we were involved in the food and the party atmosphere but when we went up on deck we saw great views of the best of Colognr, ie the cathedral. The boat is conveniently moored ten minutes walk from the main station and the cathedral so very easy to get to and from. All in all, loved it and would recommend it to anyone. Oh, and the locals love to dance!!