- Day trip from Copenhagen to the castles of North Zealand
- See the town of Elsinore, made famous in Shakespeare's Hamlet
- See Kronborg Castle, the setting of Hamlet and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Pass Fredensborg Palace, a residence of the Danish royal family
- Visit the 17th-century Frederiksborg Castle
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Frederiksborg castlePhoto by: Radoslav R
- Main Entry to the Caste at ...Photo by: Jay
USA, 07 2013
- Torbenfeldt Castle in North ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Copenhagen CityPhoto by: Israel A
- Walls and moat of Kronborg ...Photo by: Richard H
United Kingdom, 09 2015
- Outside Frederiksborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Frederiksborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Fredensborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Kronborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Frederiksborg CastlePhoto by: Gary D
- Kronborg Castle CasementsPhoto by: najibaji
- Kronborg and quot;Hamlet and ...Photo by: Tricia W
- Summer residencePhoto by: NCJean
- On the bridge at ...Photo by: Pamela P
- Fredericksborg CastlePhoto by: Susan B
- Castillo ZelandiaPhoto by: Juan Pablo J
- The CastlePhoto by: LARRY K
- KronborgPhoto by: Philippe A
- Houses on the road to Hamlet ...Photo by: Radoslav R
- Fredericksburg CastlePhoto by: Marcia S
What You Can Expect
On arrival, marvel at the structure of Kronborg Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site used as the setting for the film adaptation of Shakespeare’s Hamlet. Venture within and enjoy a guided tour of the opulent chambers and stolid towers inside the castle.
Recharge with a traditional lunch (own expense), and continue towards Fredensborg, home to the summer residence of Denmark’s queen. Gaze at the regal splendor of Fredensborg Palace, located in midst of a park bordering the Esrum Lake, and then arrive at the next historical highlight of your tour.
Disembark at Frederiksborg Castle, a pearl of history built by King Christian IV in the 17th century. Take in the architectural mélange of Renaissance and Baroque styles and head inside to see a national historical museum replete with paintings, porcelain and tapestry.
After thorough exploration of the buildings, return to the vehicle and relax during the journey back to Copenhagen.
This tour was fantastic. Our guide Bruno and driver Thomas were heaps of fun, knowledgeable and cared for all on our bus. Learnt so much about Danish history in such an entertaining way. Highly recommend this trip.
Tour guide was very knowledgable of facts and details of Copenhagen. He and the driver kept us on schedule throughout the day to insure we were able to see all that was planned.
I have been to Copenhagen before but this tour orovided some interesting information on the country. Highly recommend!
the tour guide was excellent but did go very fast but thoroughly enjoyed his commentary
We had a fantastic day visiting three beautiful castles. Fabulous locations and a fantastic tour guide was a bonus. We loved the drive along the coast line and seeing the lovely homes by the sea. It was idyllic. Thank you Grayline. Can highly recommend this tour.
We loved the guides and bus driver and it was so convenient to just be able to get on a trip and have the logistics for most of the day all planned out. We enjoyed the drive along the coast to Hamlet's castle and enjoyed all 3 of the castles on the tour. Overall, it was a nice balance between organized time with the guide and time where you could do your own thing and decide what you wanted to explore more.
I loved it, the guide was wonderful
Tour guide was excellent. He went out of his way to show us areas which may not have been on the itinerary. Good value.
We enjoyed this trip a lot. The guide was very good and worked extremely hard to ensure everyone was happy and had what they needed. The bus was comfortable and it was a nice touch to have the rain poncho's handy when it came down very heavily after lunch. The sandwich provided to eat on the bus was excellent. Loved the castles and also seeing some countryside along the way.