- Day trip from Copenhagen to the castles of North Zealand
- See the town of Elsinore, made famous in Shakespeare's Hamlet
- See Kronborg Castle, the setting of Hamlet and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Pass Fredensborg Palace, a residence of the Danish royal family
- Visit the 17th-century Frederiksborg Castle
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Frederiksborg castlePhoto by: Radoslav R
- Main Entry to the Caste at ...Photo by: Jay
USA, 07 2013
- Torbenfeldt Castle in North ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Copenhagen CityPhoto by: Israel A
- Walls and moat of Kronborg ...Photo by: Richard H
United Kingdom, 09 2015
- Outside Frederiksborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Frederiksborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Fredensborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Kronborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Frederiksborg CastlePhoto by: Gary D
- Kronborg Castle CasementsPhoto by: najibaji
- Kronborg and quot;Hamlet and ...Photo by: Tricia W
- Summer residencePhoto by: NCJean
- On the bridge at ...Photo by: Pamela P
- Fredericksborg CastlePhoto by: Susan B
- Castillo ZelandiaPhoto by: Juan Pablo J
- The CastlePhoto by: LARRY K
- KronborgPhoto by: Philippe A
- Houses on the road to Hamlet ...Photo by: Radoslav R
- Fredericksburg CastlePhoto by: Marcia S
What You Can Expect
After lunch (own expense), your tour continues towards Fredensborg, where the Queen's summer residence of Fredensborg Palace is attractively located in the middle of a lovely park, bordering the idyllic Esrum Lake.
The next highlight on your tour is Frederiksborg Castle, built by King Christian IV in 1601 - 1625. This pearl of history, built in magnificent Renaissance style with a touch of baroque, is now a national historical museum, containing treasures of painting, tapestry, porcelain, silver and furniture.
I enjoyed the trip very much.
This tour was very interesting. The guide was very informative and the castles were definitely worth seeing.
Great experience and knowledgeable guide
The tour guide is very nice and professional. Me and my friends enjoyed the trip very much.
This was a great day. The castles are outstanding and there was sufficient time to get a feel for each castle. The commentary was very good and catered well for English speakers. The coach was very comfortable.
Stromma dk basically does all the tours and they are beyond top notch. The bus was amazing and our tour guide and driver....the best.
We also did a canal tour with Stromma dk and Nicolena was such an amazing person and tour guide. I would definitely recommend this tour and all stromma dk tours in Denmark.
Very enjoyable day.