- Day trip from Copenhagen to the castles of North Zealand
- See the town of Elsinore, made famous in Shakespeare's Hamlet
- See Kronborg Castle, the setting of Hamlet and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Pass Fredensborg Palace, a residence of the Danish royal family
- Visit the 17th-century Frederiksborg Castle
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Frederiksborg castlePhoto by: Radoslav R
- Main Entry to the Caste at ...Photo by: Jay
USA, 07 2013
- Torbenfeldt Castle in North ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Copenhagen CityPhoto by: Israel A
- Walls and moat of Kronborg ...Photo by: Richard H
United Kingdom, 09 2015
- Outside Frederiksborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Frederiksborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Fredensborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Kronborg CastlePhoto by: Nancy B
- Frederiksborg CastlePhoto by: Gary D
- Kronborg Castle CasementsPhoto by: najibaji
- Kronborg and quot;Hamlet and ...Photo by: Tricia W
- Summer residencePhoto by: NCJean
- On the bridge at ...Photo by: Pamela P
- Fredericksborg CastlePhoto by: Susan B
- Castillo ZelandiaPhoto by: Juan Pablo J
- The CastlePhoto by: LARRY K
- KronborgPhoto by: Philippe A
- Houses on the road to Hamlet ...Photo by: Radoslav R
- Fredericksburg CastlePhoto by: Marcia S
What You Can Expect
On arrival, marvel at the structure of Kronborg Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site used as the setting for the film adaptation of Shakespeare’s Hamlet. Venture within and enjoy a guided tour of the opulent chambers and stolid towers inside the castle.
Recharge with a traditional lunch (own expense), and continue towards Fredensborg, home to the summer residence of Denmark’s queen. Gaze at the regal splendor of Fredensborg Palace, located in midst of a park bordering the Esrum Lake, and then arrive at the next historical highlight of your tour.
Disembark at Frederiksborg Castle, a pearl of history built by King Christian IV in the 17th century. Take in the architectural mélange of Renaissance and Baroque styles and head inside to see a national historical museum replete with paintings, porcelain and tapestry.
After thorough exploration of the buildings, return to the vehicle and relax during the journey back to Copenhagen.
Excellent tour guides were informative and attentive
Very knowledgeable guide and very well orgnazied
Great day trip from Copenhagen! Even if the castles weren't part of the tour which of course they are!, the trip was a great way to see the Danish countryside. Make sure to see the dungeons at Hamlet Castle - so cool!
This is a fantastic tour, the bus trip up the coast to the castles is just beautiful. Our guide, Kirstin was great. Highly recommended tour!!
I enjoyed the trip very much.
This tour was very interesting. The guide was very informative and the castles were definitely worth seeing.
Great experience and knowledgeable guide
The tour guide is very nice and professional. Me and my friends enjoyed the trip very much.