- North Zealand day trip from Copenhagen
- Enjoy stunning coastal and inland scenery while traveling north
- See UNESCO-listed Kronburg Castle in Elsinore – the setting of Shakespeare’s Hamlet
- Pose for photos outside Fredensborg Castle, the summer home of Denmark’s royal family
- Stroll through the picture-perfect gardens of Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød
What You Can Expect
In Elsinore, stop for a walk around the outside of Kronborg Castle -- a UNESCO World Heritage Site – and hear about its formidable history from your guide. Once a tollhouse that was designed to terrify outsiders, the castle now has a romantic appeal, having been the setting for Shakespeare’s Hamlet.
Stroll around Kronborg Castle’s swan-filled moats, and head into Elsinore itself to admire its historical half-timbered houses and streets on a walking tour with your guide. Take a break for lunch (own expense) and then meet your guide to continue your tour by coach to Fredensborg Castle – the summer residence of the Danish royal family. Stop for photos in front of the castle with Lake Esrum as your backdrop, and then hop back on board your coach.
Nearby is the small market town of Hillerød, and you'll visit it next to see magnificent Frederiksborg Castle. The building gives the town an undeniable wow factor, with many a visitor referring to it as the ‘Nordic Versailles.’ Explore the castle’s different gardens – one designed in French Baroque style and another in the form of a quintessential English garden – while learning about the castle’s history from your guide.
Head back to Copenhagen in the late afternoon, finishing your tour at the start point.