- 1.5-hour Cordoba cooking class with a local chef
- Stroll from one of Cordoba’s colorful patios to a local restaurant where the class takes place
- Hear Andalucian cooking tips and learn about the distinctive Cordovan cuisine
- Prepare two classic dishes from Cordoba: salmorejo and cola de toro
- Enjoy the dishes with Andalucian wine and water
What You Can Expect
All utensils and equipment are provided for your session, and under the expert eye of your host – a local chef – you’ll learn all about the culinary secrets of Cordoba. Like the city itself, much of the Andalucian cuisine is steeped in history, and dishes are made according to Christian, Jewish, Moorish and Roman traditions.
While learning about Cordoba – its history and food – help your host make two much-loved local specialties: salmorejo and cola de toro. Help chop tomatoes and garlic to make the chilled salmorejo, and stir the rich and hearty cola de toro oxtail stew.
Toward the end of your session, sit down with your host and group to eat your creations! The dishes are paired with quality Andalucian wine – carefully selected by your host to complement and accentuate the flavors of the food.