- Day trip from the Costa Brava to the medieval villages of Rupit and Besalú
- Enjoy free time in Rupit to explore the streets lined by 16th- and 17th-century houses
- Relax over lunch in one of Rupit’s traditional Catalan restaurants
- Explore the village of Besalú with a guide and learn about its Middle Age history
- See a restored mikveh and the ruins of a medieval synagogue
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide at a prearranged place and enjoy lunch in a traditional Catalan restaurant. The menu varies according to what’s in season, but you can expect tempting treats like pa amb tomàquet (toasted bread with fresh tomatoes) or a local seafood dish.
After lunch, continue to Besalú, a beautifully preserved village that dates back to the Middle Ages. Amble around the town's arcaded streets with your guide, listening to tales about Besalú’s history and culture. Reflecting both the town’s Christian and Jewish culture, the architecture is fascinating and some of the sights you’ll see include a restored mikveh and the remains of a medieval synagogue.
Having explored the town on foot, enjoy some free time to look around and then return to your coach for the journey back. Your day trip then finishes back at the start point on the Costa Brava.