- Montserrat day trip from Costa Brava
- Enjoy a cog-wheel train ride up Montserrat and admire sweeping views of mountain’s surrounding landscape
- Visit the Montserrat Monastery, an important pilgrimage site in Catalonia
- See the 12th-century carving of Our Lady of Montserrat, known as La Moreneta
- Upgrade to visit the Museum of Montserrat to learn about Montserrat's spiritual and cultural importance and see art work from Picasso, Dalí and Monet
What You Can Expect
When you arrive, board a cog-wheel train at the base of this beautiful multi-peaked mountain and take in scenic views as you ride up the mountain and listen to your guide’s informative commentary.
At the end of your train journey, you’ll find the Benedictine Montserrat Monastery (also known as the Abbey of Montserrat). As you tour the abbey at your own pace, listen to the beautiful children's choir and see the 12th-century polychrome wooden carving of Our Lady of Montserrat, commonly known as La Moreneta (the Dark One) due to the dark color of the sculpture.
Have lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) and marvel at the landscape from the balcony before enjoying another photo opportunity of Montserrat on your train ride back down the mountain. When you arrive at the base, you’ll be taken back to Costa Brava.
Upgrade to visit the Museum of Montserrat
Upgrade your tour to include a visit to the Museum of Montserrat. Here, learn about the spiritual, cultural and natural importance of Montserrat during an interesting film. Then, browse the museums' art collection, which features work from Picasso, Dalí, Monet, Degas and Rouault, among other world-renowned artists. The museum is located in the main square and guarded by impressive iron structures designed by the renown Catalan architect Josep Puig i Cadafalch.