- Cadiz and Jerez sightseeing shore excursion
- Take in views of Cadiz landmarks like the Puerta de Tierra and the Cadiz cathedral from your minivan
- Visit the city of Jerez to watch a horse show at its renowned equestrian school
- Sample tapas and several wines, including Jerez's famous sherry, at a local bodega (included)
- Wander around Jerez's historical city center with your guide and visit the Alcazar
- Small-group tour ensures personalized attention from your guide
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Next, head to the city of Jerez, a haven for lovers of wine and horses. Enjoy a guided walking tour of the city and visit the beautiful Alcazar (included), a Moorish fortress that dates back to the 11th century. Then head to Jerez's historical center to admire the oldest houses of the city.
Next up is the highlight of your tour – the Andalusian horse show! The 1.5-hour show includes choreographed routines in which the horses perform several types of moves to the rhythm of beautiful Spanish music.
Back in your minivan, head to a local bodega (Spanish for ‘winery’) and get ready for Jerez's other claim to fame – sherry! Learn about sherry making from a winery guide as you visit the vineyards. Then enjoy a tasting of sherry and other wines of the region with tapas.
End your shore excursion with free time to shop or grab a drink (own expense) in Jerez before making your own way back to the Cadiz port.
In the unlikely event that there is no horse performance scheduled the day of your tour, you will instead learn about the traditional Andalusian horse training at a renowned equestrian school.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Cadiz port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.