Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group cooking class, ensuring personalized attention at all times.
- 3-hour small-group Crete cooking class in central Chania
- Learn how to cook in the island style with a local host, passionate about cooking
- Discover generations-old recipes and hear little-known tips while preparing a 3-course meal
- Eat your creations at the end of the class, enjoying dishes such as stuffed vine leaves and eggplant salad
- Small-group experience with a maximum of eight people
What You Can Expect
Like many Mediterranean countries, Crete relies on an abundance of quality local ingredients to create dishes that are fragrant, fresh, healthy and pure. A copious use of olive oil is combined with heavy use of wild herbs, and recipes made from such ingredients are often passed down from one generation to the next.
The dishes created on your cooking class vary, however, you will always cook enough food to comprise a 3-course meal. Help chop herbs to make refreshing dips such as tzatziki (a yogurt, cucumber and mint sauce) and learn how to sear lamb — a popular Cretan meat — to tender perfection. Perhaps make an eggplant salad, and see the correct way of stuffing vine leaves with seasoned rice and oregano. Usually a salad containing crumbled feta cheese and ripe tomatoes is also prepared.
After cooking your food, take a seat with your host and savor your creations alongside a glass or wine or a soft drink. Your cooking class then finishes after your meal, and your host will point you in the right direction back to your hotel.