- Katakolon private shore excursion to Olympia
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Wander around the site of the original Olympic stadium
- See the site of the Temple of Zeus
- Enjoy free time in modern Olympia to shop or get a snack
- Private tour with knowledgeable guide ensures a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
In Olympia, walk around 2,000-year-old monuments and buildings, and imagine the splendor of ancient Olympia, described as “the most beautiful place in Greece” by the Greek orator Lysias, who was famous for his speeches circa 400 BC.
With your private guide, visit the Archaeological Site of Olympia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where numerous exhibits are on display. Marvel at the ruins of the Temple of Zeus, which once housed the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. See the remains of the first Olympic stadium, the gymnasium, the Palaestra and the Heraeon (also known as the Temple of Hera), the oldest temple in Olympia.
Discover the beginnings of the Olympic Games at the Archaeological Museum before heading off to modern Olympia. Enjoy an hour of free time in the city to explore or get a snack before you return to the Katakolon port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Katakolon port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.