- Private shore excursion from Katakolon to Olympia
- Explore a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the sites of the Temple of Zeus and the original Olympic stadium
- Enjoy free time in modern Olympia
- Private tour with knowledgeable guide ensures a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
At the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Archeological Site of Olympia, marvel at the Temple of Zeus, which once housed the gold and ivory statue of Zeus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. This site was also the home of the original stadium and the Bouleuterion (the administration building). Today, you can see the Bouleuterion remains as an early Greek temple with a square horseshoe shape and tiered seating arrangements.
Then enjoy an hour of free time in modern Olympia to shop or relax at one of the numerous cafes. Wander around the town hall, designed by the renowned Greek architect Aris Konstantinides, or visit the small Museum of the Olympic Games.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Katakolon port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
We had the best guide ever on this tour. Also, our tour was only 10 people so it was easy to ask questions and hear commentary. I learned so much on this tour. It was well worth the time. Thanks
A good tour.
Very good tour
This was not a guided tour so we were on our own to explore Olympia and archeological site.