Discover the delights of the World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park and the remote, pristine wilderness of Arnhem Land, owned by the Aboriginal people on this 2-day tour from Darwin. See Aboriginal rock art, cruise East Alligator River and take a 4WD adventure through sandstone outcrops and escarpments, forests, floodplains and billabongs into Arnhem Land.
- Explore Kakadu National Park and remote Arnhem Land on this 2-day tour from Darwin
- 4WD drive tour into the largest Aboriginal reserve in Australia, Arnhem Land
- See Aboriginal preserved rock art
- With special permission by the Aboriginal people enjoy a short walk into remote Arnhem Land
- Enjoy a cruise along the tranquil East Alligator River
- Overnight accommodation in Kakadu National Park at your choice of Budget, Standard or First Class hotels
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Darwin
- English-speaking guide
This two-day independent coach tour lets you experience some of the highlights of Kakadu National Park. Travel by luxury coach from Darwin to Kakadu and overnight in Australia's largest national park, before returning to Darwin. Visit Ubirr Rock to marvel at the preserved rock art, cruise the East Alligator River, discover Mikinj Valley, view remote Aboriginal art sites and take a 4WD adventure tour into Aboriginal Arnhem Land.
Day 1: Darwin - Kakadu - Ubirr Art Site - Guided Cruise
Depart Darwin and enter the stunning landscapes of World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park. Journey to Ubirr art site to view galleries of ancient Aboriginal rock art. Join your local Aboriginal guide for a cruise along the tranquil waters of the magnificent East Alligator River. Then, with special permission, take a short walk into Arnhem Land (conditions permitting). Overnight Accommodation.
Day 2: 4-Wheel Drive into Arnhem Land - Darwin
Injalak Arts and Craft Association is visited only on weekdays. Injalak is not open weekends and public holidays and may be closed for cultural reasons. If Injalak is closed you'll visit Cannon Hill and Hawk Dreaming in Kakadu. This alternative also applies when seasonal flooding and tides prevent crossing the East Alligator River.
Kakadu National Park: You have a choice of accommodation on this tour at Kakadu National Park. Select between budget, standard or first class accommodation categories.
- BUDGET Auraro Kakaku Resort (shared facilities standard hotel room)
- STANDARD Aurora Kakadu Resort (superior hotel room)
- FIRST CLASS Gajudju Crocodile Hotel (standard hotel room)
Reviewed by sraven62, May 2013
Wow - what an exhausting trip but well worth it. Our tour guide for the entire trip was Shaun and he was truly a wealth of knowledge. This is the only way to see Kakadu - what a wonderful learning experience
Reviewed by Graham H, July 2012
Excellent guides are very often the key to this sort of tour and the guys we had were great. Kakadu and Arnhem Land were just amazing to visit and such a great experience. The Guluyambi Cruise is especially worthwhile for the time spent with the Indigenous guides.