- 2-day Litchfield National Park camping tour from Darwin
- Keep a lookout for animals and bird life as you travel through outback scenery
- Swim in rock pools, streams and waterholes
- Explore Florence and Wangi waterfalls
- Take a short hike through the national park
- Camp out under the starry night sky
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
Depart mid-afternoon from Darwin and relax on the 90-minute journey to the stunning rock formations and waterfalls of Litchfield National Park. Following the Stuart Highway, you’ll pass a low-lying landscape of palms.
Just before entering Litchfield National Park, take a guided tour to see the massive Magnetic and Cathedral termite mounds soaring 20 feet (6 meters) into the air. These amazing insect habitats are made up of intricate arches, tunnels and chimneys, which can be easily viewed from a series of nearby boardwalks.
Enjoy dinner at your campsite near the national park, before sleeping under the stars in a traditional swag -- the outback term for a bedroll, your swag contains a mattress, sheet and pillow for a comfortable night's sleep!
Day 2: Litchfield - Darwin (B, L)
Next day, head off to explore the park’s waterfalls, streams and sandstone escarpments after enjoying breakfast at the campsite. Go for a swim in Florence and Wangi waterfalls, and watch water cascading into Buley Rockhole, a series of falls and holes offering ideal spots to swim and relax.
Enjoy lunch inside the park before returning to Darwin in the early evening.