Enjoy a three-day trip exploring the highlights of the Top End including the World Heritage-listed Kakadu National Park. Watch out for crocodiles and an abundance of birdlife on the famous Yellow Waters cruise, venture into Arnhem Land on a 4WD adventure and learn about bush skills and hunting techniques, food gathering and preparation of bush tucker from the traditional owners.
- 3-day luxury coach tour exploring the highlights of the Top End including Kakadu National Park
- Travel to the isolated and pristine Arnhem Land by 4WD
- Enjoy a Yellow Waters cruise
- Cruise along the East Alligator River
- Lunch is included on all three days
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- 2 nights accommodation in your choice of Budget, Standard and First Class hotels
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- English-speaking guide
What You Can Expect
This three day independent tour lets you experience some of the highlights of Kakadu National Park. Travel by luxury coach from Darwin to Kakadu including 2 nights accommodation before returning to Darwin.
Day 1: Darwin - Kakadu National Park - Nourlangie Rock - Yellow Water Wildlife Cruise
Depart Darwin, enter Kakadu National Park and visit the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre to better understand the parks culture and history. Join a guided boat cruise on Yellow Water billabong, Kakadus most famous wetland area. Following lunch, travel to the Nourlangie Rock Aboriginal art site.
Day 2: 4-Wheel Drive into Arnhem Land - Mikinj Valley - Oenpelli Aboriginal Settlement
Join a 4WD adventure tour into Arnhem Land to visit the Oenpelli Aboriginal settlement and Mikinj Valley. Hear of traditional land ownership from your Aboriginal guide and learn about bush skills. Visit special ancient Aboriginal art sites.
Day 3: Ubirr Art Site - East Alligator River Cruise - Bowali Visitor Centre - Darwin
Time this morning for a scenic flight over the Arnhem Land Escarpment (own expense). Travel to Ubirr to explore Aboriginal artwork. Join your Aboriginal guide on the Guluyambi Cruise along the East Alligator River, and call into the Bowali Visitor Centre.
Kakadu National Park: You have a choice of accommodation on this tour at Kakadu National Park. Select between budget, standard or first class accommodation categories.
- BUDGET Auraro Kakaku Resort (shared facilities standard hotel room)
- STANDARD Aurora Kakadu Resort (superior hotel room)
- FIRST CLASS Gajudju Crocodile Hotel (standard hotel room)
Excellent tour, well organised and on time. Crocodile hotel was very good but the restaurant was expensive and the food was of poor quality. All guides on the tour were very good and gave good information. Response to our request for gluten free food was patchy.
We enjoyed the 3 day tour 7 found it very interesting. The 3 guides were all very knowedgeable and good company.