- 3.5-hour UAE culture and heritage tour in Dubai
- Visit Bait Al Banat Women’s Museum in Deira to gain insights into the lives of Emirati women
- Scout out bargains at Deira Gold Souk and learn how to haggle for bargains
- Ride on an abra across Dubai Creek to Bur Dubai
- Explore a Dubai heritage museum and sample traditional Emirati treats
- Stop for photos in front of Burj Khalifa, one of the world’s tallest towers
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I think this is a great way to explore some of the oldest parts of Dubai. See where the city’s trading prowess began at the traditional souks, and then compare the sights of traditional and modern Dubai on a water taxi ride.
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
The museum is close to Deira’s bustling Gold Souk, where you'll head to next to hear haggling tips from your guide to help you bargain. The colorful market is home to hundreds of stalls selling an impressive array of gold jewelry; even if you’re not in the market for shopping, a scout around the souk’s different alleyways is a must.
Continue to the port and hop aboard an abra (traditional water taxi) to cross Dubai Creek, admiring the glitzy modern buildings jutting up from the waterfront. Step back onto dry land on the Bur Dubai side of the creek and take a stroll through one of the heritage villages to learn about the country’s traditional culture. See recreated architecture and learn about the UAE’s pearl-hunting heritage – an activity that established trading in the area – while enjoying local sweets and authentic Emirati snacks.
Wander out of the village and take a ride on the metro to experience the slick and modern side of the city – Dubai’s metro service is renowned as one of the most efficient in the world. Hop off at Dubai Mall, and then finish your tour with a photo stop outside Burj Khalifa – one of the world’s tallest towers.