- Interactive falconry experience and wildlife tour in Dubai
- Learn about the ancient tradition of falconry in the UAE and try Falconry yourself with the help of your guide
- Spot wildlife such as Arabian Orxy and Gazelle as you cruise through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a luxury Mercedes or 1950s Land Rover
- Ride a camel through the desert for a quintessential Arabian experience
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
My tour guide was excellent; the falconry display very informative and interesting and the camel ride and desert trip great. Would highly recommend for those who are not quite brave enough for the dune bashing trip (like myself) but wanting a desert experience.
I was looking for adventures to have while my husband was working in Dubai. I wanted to see the desert but did not want a dune bashing experience, and I especially wanted to see the Desert Conservation area. This trip was perfect. I had all the fun of being a tourist with an Arabian head dress and photo by an old Land Rover with the active learning experience of handling two owls, a hawk, and a falcon. The extremely knowledgeable bird handler told me more about the birds in that hour than any of the wonderful Ranger hikes I have done in the U.S. It was a thrill to have the birds fly to our gloved hands and to be that close to them. I also enjoyed the experience of getting on a sitting camel and having the camel rise up, go for a little walk, and then to feel the clunk and jerk of the camel's natural movement as he sat back on the ground for me to dismount--really not for a person with a bad back because of that last jolt but otherwise easier than I thought it would be. We were off in a Bedouin camp setting that lent itself to fantasy, and I got some great photos of the camel handler and camels off on the dunes. Since there were 5 in the group and only 4 could go with one driver, I got my very own guide and driver who gave me many facts and insights into Dubai, its people, and animal and Bedouin life as he drove me out and back, gave me a personal tour out to the oryx and gazelles, and explained the Bedouin uses of the plants. I would highly recommend this experience if you want some fun but also are serious about learning about life on the desert.