- Day trip to Hatta Heritage Village and the UAE desert by 4x4 jeep
- Travel with a friendly local guide from Dubai to Hatta in the scenic mountains of Al-Hajar
- Admire the UAE’s contrasting scenery with impressive city, desert and mountain vistas
- Explore Hatta Heritage Village and learn about its 16th-century mud-brick mosques
- Visit the rock formations of Jebel Maleihah and Camel Rock
- Make use of a hotel pickup and drop-off service from central Dubai
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
After roughly two hours, arrive in Hajar and stop to explore its 16th-century highlight: Hajar Heritage Village. With your guide, walk around the village’s mosques, watchtowers and houses while hearing how such buildings were made from materials such as mud, reed and stone. See Hatta Fort, and learn about daily village life for the Hatta people many centuries ago.
Having enjoyed 1.5 hours walking around the village, stroll back to your 4X4 jeep to travel deeper into the desert. Stop for a packed lunch of a burger and soda along the way, and then continue traveling to Jebel Maleihah, a site known locally as ‘fossil rock.’ Look for marine fossils — imprints of ocean life millions of years ago when water covered Arabia — on a stroll around the rocky desert outcrop, and then continue to nearby Camel Rock in Fujairah. The otherworldly rock formation makes for a dramatic photo set against the backdrop of undulating dunes and sandstone buttes.
Continue your journey back to Dubai, taking in more sweeping expanses of desert, and then finish your day trip with a drop-off at your hotel in the early evening.
Very professional driver always prompt to give informations and make the trip as good as possible.
We enjoyed this trip into the Hatta area and desert lunch. Our guide was professional but friendly, knew the area and history. Would recommend as a great day tour if you are staying in UAE